Pages

Thursday 19 October 2017

Nuts!

I don't know about you but I always find something funnier when it arises in a situation where I wasn't expecting to find anything remotely humorous.  Hence, I'm giggling away to myself for the last half an hour...

Let me explain.

The winter is coming here in Canada and by all accounts a Canadian winter is not something to be taken lightly - I'm half expecting hordes of Whitewalkers to come with it!

Photo of Whitewalkers from Game of Thrones T.V. Series
The Super Creepy Whitewalkers From Game Of Thrones
So, I'm starting my preparations early and am planning on including plenty of hearty and warming soups on the menu here at Mad Mammy towers in the coming months.  I made a start yesterday and made a big pot of chicken and vegetable soup.  It was generally met with approval but then the questions and comments started...

The Dude: "Did you put cucumber in this soup?"
Me: "No. Why are you asking about cucumber?"
The Dude: "Well there's little green things in here that I can't quite identify and I know they're not peas so they must be little bits of cucumber."
La-la: "That's celery."
The Dude: "But I don't like celery and I like this stuff so it can't be celery."
La-la: "It's celery I tells ya! I love carrots but I don't like these carrots!"
Me: "It's celery. What's wrong with the carrots?"
The Dude: "Hmmm... Maybe I do like celery."
La-la: "I dunno these carrots are not quite carroty carrots...if you know what I mean."

It went on like that for quite a while and no, I hadn't a clue what she meant about the carrots not quite being "carroty carrots" but I  made a mental note there and then that from here on in soup shall not have identifiable bits in it. On the outside chance my soup ends up in a line-up nobody will be able to point the finger and say, "the one with the carrots in it did it!" From this day forth my soupy creations will just be soup!

Photo of three bowls of healthy looking soup
Yummy Looking Soup With No Idenitfiable Bits!


So this morning I went straight on to amazon (I have to say I'm loving the whole 24 hour delivery thing with my Prime membership 😃) and started researching blenders.

The hand held two speed blender from Kitchenaid had particularly good reviews and seemed to be just what I was looking for so I decided to have a closer look at the reviews and I found the following exchange in the questions and answers section:

Question: "Can this be used to crush nuts?"
Answer: "I'm pretty sure it can - but so could a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup. Go well my friends and remember to handle your nuts with care."

Ha ha ha! I have to say this came as a breath of fresh air after so many of the other more serious reviews. And to be honest, it also made me think of the many uses of a can of Campbell's Mushroom soup that I haven't considered yet... I mean, when you actually start thinking about it, the possibilities are endless! Nut crusher, doorstop, hammer, arm toners, murder weapon... I think I should throw a few cans of Campbell's soup in with the order for the blender!

Oh that reminds me - I've gotta go and finish the order! Go well my friends and in the words of our amazon friend - "remember to handle your nuts with care!" 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment